Have you ever has any sorts of dispute with a clients? Well, most of the freelancers will answer no of this question because they think that dispute as something which will result them court proceeding or the intervention of lawyers. Well, this completely wrong information, that many people believe that contracts are only mean full in the event of a dispute. A good contract can save your money, time as well as improve your brand image and sales opportunity. Some of the common reason for the extra unscoped work is discussed below:
- The client changed his or her mind about the project necessities.
- The client comprehensive the scope of the project further than the concise
- The client likely to get the services that the freelancer had not initially intended to supply
- The client has not offered the necessary information desired to complete something
- The client has been sluggish in approving drafts in spite of imminent deadlines
Disputes or spending unplanned time working for the “unreasonable clients” generally result in the lost profit, to have very less time in spending on to get the new work and stress. Amazingly, when you already have bent over the backwards to avoid the dispute -despite all this extra effort -business will as well get damaged, as in minds of a client, you are one to be unreasonable! In the circumstances – from commercial perspective, that makes little sense to view disputes or unreasonable clients in a same way: do best in avoiding them.
Thus, how we do that?
To manage expectations of the clients up front or giving client clear choices to extend scope of a work – by subject and agreement to appropriate any kind of the changes in price or agreed timelines – are keys in avoiding any kind of disputes and doing the unpaid work.